Tuesday, March 22, 2011

C4K Summary #'s 4,5,6

Comments for Kids #4

Tyla

The first blog I commented on was Tyla, a year 7 student at Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. Her most recent blog post was a short MTV video she did with two fellow classmates. They sang Long Ago by the Herbs. Throughout the video you were able to see pictures of all their fellow classmates, a picture from "long ago" and a more recent one. I told her to cherish these memories and that these were the best years of her life! All three girls were so pretty and were very vocally talented. It's great to see children this young knowing how to express themselves through the use of modern technology!


Comments for Kids #5

Pharrah

The next blog was created by a 12 year old girl named Pharrah. She was a new student at Pt England School and in Year 8. She enjoyed playing on the log at the playground and talking walks on the weekend with her cousin. When I commented, I simply told her that I knew she was nervous about starting at a new school, but was sure she would make lots of new friends. I told her to remember to study and keep up the good work. I love how children so young are blogging and it so so neat to be able to talk with students from all around the world!


Comments for Kids # 6

Peanuts


The last kid's blog that I commented on belonged to Thomas V in Mrs. Phare's fourth period class. It was short and sweet and to the point. Thomas talked about peanuts, where they originated from, what society they were native to as well as when and where peanut butter was first sold. I told him to remember to study hard and keep up the good work.

Overall, I love getting the chance to look at and enjoy these childrens blogs. I love the fact that they know how to blog and they are able to show there creativity through there blogs. I think it is a great idea and should be a creative learning tool used in every classroom! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment